Privacy and Security
Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
Brussels Agri Services is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with Brussels Agri Services. His policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information and Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Who is Brussels Agri Services
What is personal information
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such thins as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records and credit record. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed,
- professional and business directories available to the public,
- certain public registries and court record,
- certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
We are accountable to you
Brussels Agri Services is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes. We have a Privacy Officer who is accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles
We let you know why we collect your personal information
Brussels Agri Services identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected at the time it is actually being collected.
We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information
Brussels Agri Services obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
- Brussels Agri Services will obtain your express consent ( verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information.
- Brussels Agri Services will us implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where on or more of the following apply:
- a customer relationship already exist,
- express consent has previously been given,
- where the purpose of using the personal information is apparent
reasonably apparent to you.
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting Brussels Agri Services
See Contact Information below.
We limit collection of your personal information
Brussels Agri Services collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other that to provide products and services, your consent will be obtained before or at the time the information is collected. Brussels Agri Services will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect person information include:
- Communicating with you generally
- Processing your account applications
- Processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
- Protecting against fraud or error
- Providing product and services requested by you
- Recommending products and services that Brussels Agri Services believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- To comply with legal and governmental requirements
We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information
Brussels Agri Services uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. Brussels Agri Services does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organizations except to offer you a product or service. Your consent will be obtained for the purpose of collecting to provide your personal information to Credit Bureaus and Financial Institutions.
We keep your personal information up to date and accurate
Brussels Agri Services keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use.
You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. Refer to Contact information below.
Brussels Agri Services retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
The security of your personal information is a priority for Brussels Agri Services
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures (filing cabinets)
- electronic security measure for computerized personal information (password protection)
- limiting access to your personal information
- contractual obligations with third parties(credit bureau) who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
We are open about our privacy and security policy
We are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available information about our police and practices related to management of your personal information. This policy and any related information is available on our web sit, www.brusselsagri.com and www.cowboyloft.com. or on request.
We provide access to your personal information stored at Brussels Agri Services
You can request access to your personal information by contacting us. Upon receiving such a request, Brussels Agri Services will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed.
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information.
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy
Brussels Agri Services will respond in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy polies and procedures.
How to contact us
- by calling toll free 1-877-887-9391
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail Brussels Agri Services, Box 119, Brussels Ontario N0G 1H0 Attention Customer Relations.